one of the best emails i've ever gotten.

I woke up this morning and realized that I am in fact a better person today then I was 4 years ago. I kept telling myself that I was, I kept assuring myself that I had learned from my mistakes but deep down I worried that if confronted with the same situations again I wouldn't act differently. Well I did act differntly and not because I forced myself to, just because the right thing to do was what I wanted to do. I just did it naturaly which upon reflecting I realized meant I had grown up.

As my favorite Kerouac wrote, my failure, my fault is not in my passions but in my lack of control of them. That has always rung true and summed up my greatest failures and my greatest faults. I sought out people who recognized this in me, who connected with this because they too struggled with passions that drove them in directions that weren't always right. Maybe it was watching many of these people find peace in finally committing to the things they always knew they wanted but never really felt like they could have.

Although we haven't seen each other that much I want you know that you my aimee have had great role in guideing me to a place where i feel grounded. Your spirt and wisdom never ceases to amaze me becuase what to you was inate took you telling me for me to hear. One of my greatest pleasures these days is reading your blog while I sit in the library which I currently am. Your pretty fucking rad man. I miss you.

Cheers
KDB

P.S. Can we talk about how I want to send Samatha Ronson an email about how it's a bad idea to get mixed up with straight girls, even if they do look like Lindsay Lohan.




thank you for this kristen, thank you so much for coming into my life. you're one of the truest people i know.

Comments